Come and have your say at one of four free* workshops where we will be reviewing town-scale renewable technologies and discussing the best ones for Alton.
The workshops are on Fri 30th March and Sat 31st March from 10-12noon and 2-4pm and will take place at the Energy Advice Centre. You are invited to attend one of the four identical sessions.
These events will be delivered by the Centre for Sustainable Energy (CSE) which is accredited by the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC).
- Targets for CO2 reduction and renewables
- How this relates to housing stock efficiency
- Financial mechanisms:
- the Green Deal,
- feed-in tariffs and
- the renewable heat incentive
- Extended discussion around a model town to discuss the different technologies and identify the best solutions for Alton’s energy future.
These workshops are for:
- Members of the public interested in Alton becoming more self-reliant in energy
- Farmers who are interested in the sustainable use of their land
- Community groups who are thinking about energy projects such as biomass boiler or PV or…
- Town leaders who want to develop a community clean energy policy
- Councillors and planners involved in future planning of the town
- Students who want to understand about renewable energy in communities
No prior knowledge of renewable energy is needed.
Booking is essential. Please book at the Energy Advice Centre or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org stating which session you would prefer to attend. Numbers will be strictly limited.
*Places usually cost £30.00